- Read through the recipe and gather the ingredients. Make sure your pans and equipment are clean and dry. For safety's sake... wash your hands before beginning!
- Pre-measure the flour and other ingredients. Always use the best and freshest ingredients you can find.
- Use appropriately sized baking pans and property prepare them.
- Adjust your oven shelves and preheat the oven.
- Carefully follow each mixing step in the recipe. Don't over or under mix. Each step has a purpose. Use a kitchen timer to help keep track of how long to mix, etc.
- Don't crowd the oven and avoid opening the oven door during baking. With certain recipes, it may be necessary to rotate your pans half way through the baking time.
- Pay special attention to baking times. Use a timer but your eyes and nose can sometimes be the best indicator.
- Cool baked goods thoroughly before serving or storing.
- Add your finishing touches!
- Store your baked goods properly.
Remember: Cooking is an art... Baking is a Science! And you thought you didn't learn anything in chemistry class!
Most of all... have fun with your baking!